Maximise asset management efficiency
Share expert knowledge & innovation
Boost technical capabilities
Enhance strategies & planning
Event Starting In!
Prices start at
More people? More savings!
3 - 4
5 - 9
10 - 14
The business case approach has been applied to new initiatives for years, but only recently has it been applied to maintenance and operations. Learn how to apply this approach within your organisation and into your daily asset management practice to maximise organisational value.
Why should we apply the business case approach to asset management principles?
Adopt this approach to asset management
Reduce risk and maximise value
Ensure early collaboration amongst stakeholders
What is the business case approach?
Best practice decision making
Why this approach is best for your assets
Application and implementation
The 5 whys
Guidance on the next steps
Key frameworks and structures
Practical exercises in applying the BCA to your organisation’s assets
Scenario setting and understanding
Adapt to your unique situation
Gain advice and tangible takeaways
Explore how to influence and drive organisational outcomes on the back of sound asset management principals. Tony will touch on building the case for asset management as a core business tool.
- Stretch a plan to include relevant initiatives
- Gain buy from senior executives and board members
- Relationship with innovation, risk and sustainability
A demographic shock wave is heading for New Zealand. This will impact multiple forces in our economy, some driven by demographics and others driven by technology. The big question remains: who are the winners and losers of the future?
- Understand the changing landscape
- Gain advice and practical insights
- Consider your best practice strategies
Being outcome-focused and understanding the needs of the customer are fundamental concepts for an asset manager. Monique will discuss her passion in ensuring outcomes are heard and met.
- Move with the needs of the customer
- Understand essential requirements
- Demand forecasting to achieve best results
With new meta data standard legislation in play across New Zealand, is more important than ever to understand the bridging of design to construction journey. Daniel will share his insights in piloting the country's first project from BIM to Asset Management practices.
- Reflect on leanings and advice
- The journey from digitalism to construction
- Importance of commitment and understanding
The decision making behind strategic asset management is a crucial part of your job. The disruption involved in this process can be challenging, so understanding how to deal with this is key. Jonathan will explore his industry knowledge and how this translates to the bigger picture.
- Resilience in the planning process
- Components to managing retail assets
- Decision making and environmental factors
Paul and Nick will co-present CIAL's asset management journey. They will offer insight into the challenges faced and give advice on how to drive maximal organisational value.
- Gain insight into the journey
- Learn from top experts
- Explore best practice strategies
Using asset practice to support redevelopment and regeneration is essential. Rex will share his vast knowledge and extensive experience to help guide your career journey.
- Redevelopment and regeneration
- Strategic decision making tools
- Drive organisational value
Dealing with end of life assets when there is limited replacement certainty is a challenge many asset professionals will face. David will share his experience and offer his advice on dealing with the associated risks and capital choices.
- Consider and assess risk
- Determine end of life assets
- Reflection on challenges and decision making
Strategic planning should go beyond compliance and be made suitable for the wider team. Lisa will address her seasoned career and the importance of aligning changes that are dependent on wider needs.
- The importance of aligning planning with the wider team
- Strategies for planning and compliance
- Wider integration
Explore the fundamental drivers behind asset management principles across both public and private sectors in this interactive session. No matter what sector you work in, this session will uncover the secrets of boosting organisational value.
- Share stories of success
- Overlap and drivers of asset management principles
- Consider main differences and challenges
A solid knowledge of decision-making strategies and an understanding of how these strategies inform the resilience of assets is a key asset management skill. Matt will teach you how to develop this skill and boost your asset resilience.
- Components of growth and decline
- Informing the correct decisions
- Resilience factors
Recognising the impact of technology and strategic planning will ease transformation in times of change. Paul will explore decision making around maintenance and competing with other platforms.
- Managing assets in times of digital evolution
- Take the next step
- Strategic planning and development
Learn strategies for making your case for involvement in acquisition and design decision making. Ian has vast experience, from a multi-million Euro aerospace project through to the development of modern facilities and will share his knowledge and expertise.
- gaining involvement in acquisition
- design decision making
- maximize benefits and life outcomes
This interactive round table is an opportunity to reflect on the ideas, strategies and tools discussed over the last two days. It is an opportunity to grasp your newfound knowledge, refine your asset management skills and drive organisational value.
• Reflect and explore on learning
• Refine your asset management skills
• Identify best practice strategies to optimise value
Sharpening your asset management skills and ensuring best practice will continue to drive internal value, as well as to the infrastructure funding community. Enhancing communication skills, understanding the changing landscape for asset management and becoming an expert in the growing legislation are some of the key areas to thrive as an asset manager.
Getting the fundamentals right
- Assets’ component performance
- Understanding asset network trends and performance
- Pricing principles
- Getting depreciation right
- Adopting business case principles
- Optimal value and doing the right things first to achieve it
Communicating complex outcomes
- Making sure your team are on the same page
- Understanding your clients
- Building your advocate base
- Pitching at the right level - the things decision-makers and the public need to know
Gaining buy in from a wider audience
- Ensuring governance supports you
- Ensuring stakeholders and executives understand the value
- Maintaining public credibility
- Understanding your community
- Driving organisation excellence
Ensuring long-term performance
- Keeping abreast with innovations and developments across New Zealand
- The key elements for developing the right long-term strategies
- The sophisticated tools that help understanding
Developing in a dynamic field
- Developing a strategic vision for asset management and the role of leadership
- Establishing a culture for excellence
- Setting best practice standards
- Managing risk
James Cook Hotel Grand Chancellor Wellington
147 The Terrace, Wellington, 6011, New Zealand
+64 (4) 499 9500
* Terms and conditions apply